PET scan results

• 47 replies
  • 36 subscribers

Hi all. I was treated at Ninewells hospital in Dundee and had my PET CT scan on monday. They have been analysed already.  Do they give you the results before the follow up meeting or at the meeting?  I know Peter was there as well so if he’s reading this I’d appreciate some feedback. 

many thanks everyone 

• Well done onwards and upwards. 

Enjoy holidays remember factor  50 on face and neck. 

Hazel xx

Hazel aka RadioactiveRaz 

My blog is www.radioactiveraz.wordpress.com  HPV 16+ tonsil cancer Now 5 years  post treatment. 35 radiotherapy 2 chemo T2N2NM.Happily getting on with living always happy to help  

• Great news.... hope you have a lovely holiday.... we're off to Lanzarote in a few days....had a pretty grim summer last year....my wife well deserves it for looking after me and putting up with my grumpiness ....

Peter 

• Thank you Peter. I was so grateful they brought the review forward by a week so only one weeks wait.  Gemma had a cancellation and popped me in. Next visit is in August 

• My husband deserves the break as much. He’s been amazing. The day I had my last radiation I bought him a nice bottle of brandy as a thank you. We’re looking at a canal holiday somewhere in England 

• Yup I bought a wide floppy sun hat and Nivea 50. I am ready. We’ve been kayaking already. 

• Gemma is a star Star2 as are all of the team members...my next ENT review is later on in June ....canal hol sounds great .... chilling out.... stopping at the lovely waterside inns for refreshments and food.

Peter 

• well, I'm feeling a little deflated.. 2 weeks to the day since my PET-CT and still no news.. rang the CNS this morning but nothing has come through.. I was hoping to be doing the can can in celebration by now.. but still in limbo..

on a lighter note.. I have the music going in my head now, and I can picture Rob De Niro dancing around in a dress (Stardust)

Loz (61)

Oropharyngeal right tongue base T2N2bM0 squamous cell carcinoma p16 positive.. 

• nothing has come through

Rats!

Everything is taking longer. 
    Before covid PETs were available to the referring clinician in three working days. 

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge
  • I was fortunate. Scan on Monday, analysed on Tuesday , team met on Wednesday and then offered to see me following Tuesday

• Hopefully the old adage ''No news is good news'' will apply here

.....as for the Can Can? I was watching Suzi Quatro the other day on telly  ''Can the Can''...not as spectacular but much less energetic ....maybe