PET scan results

• 47 replies
  • 36 subscribers

Hi all. I was treated at Ninewells hospital in Dundee and had my PET CT scan on monday. They have been analysed already.  Do they give you the results before the follow up meeting or at the meeting?  I know Peter was there as well so if he’s reading this I’d appreciate some feedback. 

many thanks everyone 

• Going forward, am I classed as a 'cancer patient' for the next five years?

Yes you are classed as in remission with no evidence of disease  

This is what was in my discharge letter at five years 

“and it was a pleasure to inform her that we now consider her tumour to be cured as recurrence this late out from definitive treatment is highly unlikely”

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge
  • Amazing news! Have a wonderful summer. 

Sending you loads of sunshine. 

Fab1

• That's the best news! It's the standard phrase they use when treatment has been successful -  no sign of cancer. So pleased for you. Have a lovely carefree summer!

Catriona

September 2022 aged 63 diagnosed with HPV associated SCC base of tongue T4 N2 M0. Chemo & radiotherapy for 6 weeks ending Nov 2022.  Dec 2023 one year all clear. See my profile for longer story

• Sending you loads of sunshine. 

best get my factor 50 out then... Wink

Loz (61)

Oropharyngeal right tongue base T2N2bM0 squamous cell carcinoma p16 positive.. 

• Ahhh x this is just THE BEST NEWS. You must be so happy. I have had 4 scans since November last year (finished treatment on 1 Sep). Each time results have been good but they've always wanted more imaging as they were still seeing something... not enough to be classed as avid and kept saying 'no evidence of disease' but to be thorough they always requested another scan for further review. But today... finally... they are satisfied. So, no clinical suspicion of cancer and no more imaging required - just my regular ENT reviews. Such a relief. It's been a bit of a rollercoaster. Aside from that, my recovery is still going well and exceeding all expectations. Sometimes you just have to embrace that good whirl :-)

• But today... finally... they are satisfied

Thank heavens!

I know you have a good strategy for coping with the uncertainty but it's marvellous to finally get that NED

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge
  • yes.. happy days for the both of us.. Clap tone1

Loz (61)

Oropharyngeal right tongue base T2N2bM0 squamous cell carcinoma p16 positive..