PET scan results

• 47 replies
  • 36 subscribers

Hi all. I was treated at Ninewells hospital in Dundee and had my PET CT scan on monday. They have been analysed already.  Do they give you the results before the follow up meeting or at the meeting?  I know Peter was there as well so if he’s reading this I’d appreciate some feedback. 

many thanks everyone 

•  Do they give you the results before the follow up meeting or at the meeting?

Thus should be face to face. I’ve never known somebody get the results by phone unless it was an admin cock up! When is your next appointment? 
    Good luck

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge
  • Hi Dani. 4th June but may bring it forward 

thank you for your response 

• My consultant is in Chelmsford, PET scan in Southend. My consultant phoned me some days after the PET scan to say 'throat clear, lungs clear, something in your liver'. Had an MRI two weeks later in Chelmsford.

Saw the registrar a week after that (my two monthly check up). He did the neck feeling, camera in throat stuff and said 'all fine, any questions?'

So I asked about the liver PET/MRI. ''oh yes, that, no problems there'. 

Phew. But not a nice three weeks.

Mike 

• I’m sure you had some heart stopping moments there. Glad all is well 

• jeez, my next meeting is in July.. got a whole month of not knowing!! they'd better ring me!

Loz (61)

Oropharyngeal right tongue base T2N2bM0 squamous cell carcinoma p16 positive.. 

• Remind me. Have you had a PET? 

Dani 

Community Champion badge
  • yes, last week..

Loz (61)

Oropharyngeal right tongue base T2N2bM0 squamous cell carcinoma p16 positive.. 

• Ah. The same thing happened to me. I was on six  week checks. I knew my 12 week MRI was reported to me three weeks later. It was clear. So I was booked for a PET in time for my next review six weeks later. Strangely I got a scan appointment a week later so I had to wait five weeks. Never gave it a thought as I knew my MRI was ok. At least I didn’t spend five weeks worrying only to be hit between the eyes at that review. My oncologist was boxing clever though. He knew my biopsy would be clear if he just sat on the results for a few weeks.  
    PET are reported in three  working days so ring your CNS on Tuesday. 

Dani 

Community Champion badge
  • They asked if I’d like to bring my appointment forward from the 4th June to this coming Tuesday, 28th May. Yup I’ll take it.  Thank you 

• I usually ask my Macmillan Nurse to get my results in front of my consultant as soon as they come in / on the list for discussion at MDT. Each scan (I've had 2 MRIs and a PET), I've had a phone call from either my Consultant or Macmillan Nurse and then they go through it in more detail at my next appt. My next MRI is on Tuesday and seeing my Consultant the following week, so I guess I'll wait to see him F2F this time for results.