PET scan results

• 47 replies
  • 36 subscribers

Hi all. I was treated at Ninewells hospital in Dundee and had my PET CT scan on monday. They have been analysed already.  Do they give you the results before the follow up meeting or at the meeting?  I know Peter was there as well so if he’s reading this I’d appreciate some feedback. 

many thanks everyone 

• I might leave it until the end of the week, TBH.. see if they make the 1st move.. 

Loz (61)

Oropharyngeal right tongue base T2N2bM0 squamous cell carcinoma p16 positive.. 

• Hi Loz I got mine from my oncologist in a face to face meeting which was scheduled 10  after I had pet ct scan. That allowed him the pleasure

if seeing the result’s of his work.  seeing the joy on my and my hubby’s face. Like wise as he says if there’s any thing that needs addressing it's his place to do do not a random person ringing them. Hope  that makes sense. I always knew what my resukts date would be whrn treatment was finished he set the dates in his diary. 
    hugs Hazel 

Hazel aka RadioactiveRaz 

My blog is www.radioactiveraz.wordpress.com  HPV 16+ tonsil cancer Now 5 years  post treatment. 35 radiotherapy 2 chemo T2N2NM.Happily getting on with living always happy to help  

• That allowed him the pleasure

if seeing the result’s of his work.

It was very special for him. The culmination of his life’s work. What a way to be remembered. Most of us are forgotten by our teams. 

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge
  • Bless you it was an honour and a privilege to be his last patient he would get from day 1 to the magic 5 years . He’s a lovely kind  considerate guy and hope our paths cross again  but not in hospital !!!  
    Am sure Russell won’t forget the patient whi diagnosed herself so accurately xx

Hazel aka RadioactiveRaz 

My blog is www.radioactiveraz.wordpress.com  HPV 16+ tonsil cancer Now 5 years  post treatment. 35 radiotherapy 2 chemo T2N2NM.Happily getting on with living always happy to help  

• Am sure Russell won’t forget the patient whi diagnosed herself so accurately

JoyJoy I was famous for a while. I was always introduced to observing clinicians as the patient who presented saying she had an oral SCC. I’ll still send them honey for Christmas. That’ll jog some memories. 

Dani 

Community Champion badge
  • Hi all. Just an update. I had my review this morning and everything looks good. My next appointment is in August 

• Great news. How do you feel? 

Dani 

Community Champion badge
  • I literally jumped for joy. It’s like driving on a bumpy gravel road and finally back on the tar road.  Hardly slept last night so an early night for me. I feel relief and we’re planning our summer holiday now. 

• You’ve earned it. Have a wonderful time xxx

Dani 

Community Champion badge
  • Hi Des

Got the results at the follow up a fortnight later from Dr Casasola and the team ....all good luckily....go back every 3 months for a couple of years.... then every 6 months for the next 3 years.

Take care and best of luck 

Peter