A little cheer

• 33 replies
  • 40 subscribers

Thought I’d just put this little sunny picture up. The rainy winter seems to have been so long. If anybody else has something to warm the cockles please join the party 

• Never thought I'd be playing golf so soon after Chemoradiotherapy....great exercise...  meeting old acquaintances and clears the mind....at the foothills of the Grampians.

• Wow! What beautiful sky. That’s really well done getting out so soon. I bet that lifted your heart. 

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge
  • Sky is even more spectacular when Eurofighters and F16s are carrying out low level training in the area....awesome.

Peter

• Yes we get them in our Welsh valley. Noisy! 

Dani 

Community Champion badge
  • Lovely to see something so uplifting.  This weather has been miserable and we have flooded twice now since the New Year! Can't complain, have lived on the river for 24 years so we've done well to not flood all this time! 

1. the daffodils are starting to flier. I’m in the greenhouse it’s surprising how a bit if sunshine and pottering lifts us all up. Life’s goes on 
      Hazel 

Hazel aka RadioactiveRaz 

My blog is www.radioactiveraz.wordpress.com  HPV 16+ tonsil cancer Now  6 years  post treatment. 35 radiotherapy 2 chemo T2N2NM.Happily getting on with living always happy to help

• Hi Dani

What a great idea to post some pictures of something to lift our spirits. I just love the way nature keeps surprising me. One of my favourite things to do is to potter in the garden. I really missed it while I was recovering from surgeries etc although just sitting outside and enjoying looking at the garden really helps.

We are in summer here so not suffering all the rain that you have experienced. My garden is more drought tolerant as you can see. We had a long drought a few years ago and so our lovely lawn had to go and we replaced it with pebbles. Not my favourite choice but it does save all the watering that is necessary in Australia.

Lyn

x

Sophie66

• What a beautiful garden, Lyn.

Do you have Eucalypts in flower where you are? 

Dani 

Community Champion badge
  • Hi Dani

The eucalyptus gum trees are not in flower at the moment but they look lovely when they are. Spring is the best time for all the flowering trees. It is a lovely time of year. Things are a bit summer weary here and not looking their best at the moment because of the lack of rain. I get up early to water to try and keep  things going as the days can get rather hot. I am always on the lookout for drought tolerant plants as they fare the best in S.A. We are the driest state in Australia unfortunately.

Lyn

Sophie66