Withdrawal symptoms..

• 31 replies
  • 35 subscribers

so, it's 02.45 and I'm climbing the walls.. I reduced my zomorph a few weeks ago to just 1 in the morning and 1 at night, about a week ago I reduced to 1 in the morning.. this week I decide to knock em on the head, but Sunday I hardly slept... Monday night/now I've been doing the okey cokey since 22.30.. left leg in, right leg in. right side, left side, back.. felt a bit flu like.. sort of like you feel after your covid jab, headache, irritable, emotional.. still on the paracetamol, but man, I'm bouncing... think a call to the CNS/GP will be in order in the morning... oh hum..

• restless

Phone up. You need to be still for the hours wait before PET. If you can’t lie quietly it might affect your scan. 

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge
  • for some reason I seem ok through the day, it's just at night when I'm trying to sleep..

Loz (61)

Oropharyngeal right tongue base T2N2bM0 squamous cell carcinoma p16 positive.. 

• just checked with scan centre.. they're ok with it.. so all systems go..

Loz (61)

• for some reason I seem ok through the day, it's just at night when I'm trying to sleep..

Pity you can’t have a large port or something. 

just checked with scan centre.. they're ok with it.. so all systems go..

Great. Best of luck. 

Dani 

Community Champion badge
  • Pity you can’t have a large port or something. 

I'm looking forward to the day when I can finally walk into a bar and order an ol' fashioned.. hopefully my taste buds will still be able to appreciate it as I didn't really lose my sense of taste..

Loz (61)

• I'll couple this dream with a visit to Covent Garden, as there's a lovely place that does a mean ol' fashioned.. 

Loz (61)

• That was exactly the same with me.  During the day I could manage absolutely fine but approaching bedtime the restlessness and anxiety started and continued through to the next morning.  Then I was OK again.  

BTW in response to Dani and a large port... I large G&T through my PEG made absolutely no difference to the symptoms!

Peter
    See my profile for more details of my convoluted journey
  • BTW in response to Dani and a large port... I large G&T through my PEG made absolutely no difference to the symptoms!

Maybe it wasn’t large enough? Wink

Dani 

Community Champion badge
  • so, after a dodgy sleep I get ready for my PET/CT.. drink a couple of pints of water, and off I go to the hospital... get on the scanner bed, and... fall asleep!.. I mean, really!  lol   I have a MRI in mid June, and oncologist in July, so my CNS hinted that they may be in touch in a couple of weeks with the results... coz waiting is stressful, as we all know.. 

Loz (61)

• Brilliant! I've fallen asleep in an MRI despite all the noise that entails.

My other speciality was when, in hospital, I'd stuggle for sleep all nght in the peace and quiet...then was out like a light when the chaos of ward rounds beganJoy

Community Champion Badge

Metastatic SCC diagnosed 8th October 2013. Modified radical neck dissection November, thirty-five radiotherapy fractions with 2xCisplatin chemo Jan/Feb 2014. Recurrence on larynx diagnosed July 2020 so salvage laryngectomy in September 2020.

http://mike-o.blogspot.co.uk/