Withdrawal symptoms..

• 31 replies
  • 35 subscribers

so, it's 02.45 and I'm climbing the walls.. I reduced my zomorph a few weeks ago to just 1 in the morning and 1 at night, about a week ago I reduced to 1 in the morning.. this week I decide to knock em on the head, but Sunday I hardly slept... Monday night/now I've been doing the okey cokey since 22.30.. left leg in, right leg in. right side, left side, back.. felt a bit flu like.. sort of like you feel after your covid jab, headache, irritable, emotional.. still on the paracetamol, but man, I'm bouncing... think a call to the CNS/GP will be in order in the morning... oh hum..

• One down one to go. 
    I’ve only ever had one PET. They don’t take long. 
    MRIs never bothered me except for the venous access which was badly botched the first time. They were going to call be back another day but I refused to move until they got an anaesthetist out of an op theatre. 

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge
  • It is my hobby - falling asleep in the scanners.  I managed a quick nap during my PET scan on Tuesday Grinning

Peter
    See my profile for more details of my convoluted journey
  • I had a CT yesterday, but it wasn't on the H&N area, it was somewhat lower down and..um..round the back, and they had to insert something in my...er.....you get the driftAstonished

I didn't fall asleep unsurprisinglyRoflRofl

Community Champion Badge

Metastatic SCC diagnosed 8th October 2013. Modified radical neck dissection November, thirty-five radiotherapy fractions with 2xCisplatin chemo Jan/Feb 2014. Recurrence on larynx diagnosed July 2020 so salvage laryngectomy in September 2020.

http://mike-o.blogspot.co.uk/

• ooh, that doesn't sound pleasant.. hope all went well though.. 

Loz (61)

Oropharyngeal right tongue base T2N2bM0 squamous cell carcinoma p16 positive.. 

• Oh Mike you’ve  been  poked and prodded enough fingers and toes x

Hugs 

Hazel xx

Hazel aka RadioactiveRaz 

My blog is www.radioactiveraz.wordpress.com  HPV 16+ tonsil cancer Now  6 years  post treatment. 35 radiotherapy 2 chemo T2N2NM.Happily getting on with living always happy to help

• Oh Mike you’ve  been  poked and prodded enough fingers and toes x

Hugs 

They haven’t poked your sense of humour away, thank heavens. 

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge
  • I remember saying to the nurse as she administered my 1st enema for opioid induced constipation.. 'I bet this'd cost me a fortune in Soho'.. I'm not quite sure whether she got it or not.. lol 

Loz (61)

• I haven't bothered with the diazepam for the past couple of nights because they made absolutely no difference to my quality of sleep (or lack of)..  also decided to halve my paracetamol dosage.. can't speak to doc until tomorrow (hopefully) so getting a little snappy with mood swings ATM..

Loz (61)

• Hi Loz

Mood swings were a problem for me for a period of time, decent sleep quality is very important to patients, GP put me on a short course of low dose Zopiclone which certainly helped, unfortunately anxiety and stress go hand and hand with treatment.

Peter

• been given temazepam to help me relax and hopefully get some sleep as I'm still fidgety at night.. so hopefully I'll only need them for 3 or 4 nights.. 

Loz (61)