Fortisips and Scandishakes

• 15 replies
  • 33 subscribers

Hey

I have about 20 boxes of Fortisips, all different flavours and 2 boxes of strawberry scandishakes. I can give them back to Nautricia but they throw them away even if it's unopened! So if anyone lives near Newcastle do you want them? Seems such a waste!

Dee

• I know, we had to send lots back to Nutricia knowing that they would bin them, it's outrageous waste. Someone suggested that a vet or animal rescue might take them for sick animals! but we tried a few and they wouldn't. 

September 2022 aged 63 diagnosed with HPV associated SCC base of tongue T4 N2 M0. Chemo & radiotherapy for 6 weeks ending Nov 2022.  Dec 2023 one year all clear. See my profile for longer story

• I think I might ring one of the nursing homes round here see with they say.

• Try a dog rescue or a homeless shelter. 
    A post in your local FB page might find them a home 

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge
  • Oh yeah thanks Dani that's a great idea.

• I think contacting one of the nursing homes is a great idea. It seems such a waste to throw away such a valuable commodity. My mother and father in their later years were both in a nursing home for a short time and I went out and bought a drink supplement for them to make sure they had it regularly. It was available at the nursing home but I could monitor what they drank buying it myself.

Hope you find somewhere who will accept them.

Lyn

Sophie66

• Sent back 10 boxes of Jevity to Abbott.... probably binned.... still have 30 Ensure bottles with a decent shelf life left.... seems sensible to donate them to the local food bank.... if they will accept them.

Peter 

• still have 30 Ensure bottles with a decent shelf life left..

I hung onto my Fortisips for a year. I found it easy to have one and a banana to eat when out and about or if I had a bad eating day 

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge
  • I'm going to ring around tomorrow so will let you know. Its bad enough the bottles are plastic ffs without having to throw the food way lol

• I contacted a public health nurse and she said they couldn't use them, but her SIL would take them and send them out to the refugee camps.

• Just wondering if you had any luck in donating your Fortisips?  I'm in the same situation and have tried nursing homes and hospice with no luck and would hate to have to throw them away.