15 months post treatment.

• 3 replies
  • 33 subscribers

Hi everyone.  Just wanted to update you all on hubby's progress. We are now 15 months post treatment. Although we still have check ups every few months it is starting to feel a different life now. 

However we do remember how terrified we were back in Jan/Feb 2023,  this minefield of info and schedules and barrage of appointmentsfor various things,  very over whelming at the time. But THIS site without question helped us deal with every stage as we faced it.   We still owe our sanity to those of you who support all the newbies.  We were like rabbits caught in the headlights. 

So update, all good, hubby's progress is amazing, eating and enjoying all he did prior. With the slight exception of chocolate although dark choc is ok.  

He no longer needs to take water with us every where. However we both drink more water as a result.

Physically all back, we can enjoy the fells once more in the Lakes.  

Still a little roughness on the roof of his mouth and his ability to multi task and processing is  almost fully  restored.  (Although multi task and man in the same sentence is questionable Wink)  hearing still questionable.  Stuck out tongue winking eye

But we are so grateful to our medical team, could not fault the NHS.  We have had to chase a few check up appointments when they get postponed but we are in remission others obviously need more urgent appointments in the clinics. 

I do have to say again if you are offered a PEG to be fitted take it, it was a game changer for my hubby. 

So everyone who is just beginning or still very much in the thick of things have faith in your medical team. Ask any questions how ever silly they may feel.  Keep smiling it will get better I promise. 

It's an emotional roller coaster ride for you and those around you..  you are very fortunate to have those who remain around on this website to answer questions and support your journey through and out the other side. 

I see Beesuit,  radio and biker are still around so a specific thank you plus many others, you helped more than you'll ever know. Xx  love to everyone, keep smiling.  xX

• Gail good to hear from you and glad things are progressing well for you and your husband.   My short cancer journey started around the same time as your husband's but I pop in every now and again to see if I can offer any support but leave the more 'technical' advice to the stalwart members of the group.  Best wishes for the future xx

• I see Beesuit,  radio and biker are still around so a specific thank you plus many others, you helped more than you'll ever know. Xx  love to everyone, keep smiling.  xX

Hi Gail. Thank you so much for the mention and thank you, too, for such a witty and encouraging update. Your husband has done brilliantly. I’m so pleased for you both. Long may you enjoy the fells xx

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge
  • Hi Gail, it's lovely to read that your husband is doing so well. Posts like this are inspiring for those who are just starting or having treatment, showing that there is light at the end of the tunnel, and they can get through this with good results. All the best to you both, remember we are always here, if you have any worries or want to chat.

Ray.