Ulcers

• 76 replies
  • 29 subscribers

Hello wonderful people , ulcers are starting to come Sob any recommendations for a mouthwash please ? I have oralieve & biotene xx

• Hi Aly Sounds like you’ve reached the same point as I did. End if week 3 I had n g tube fitted. The gelclair then can work without trying to put food into your delicate mouth. It’s being poisoned and burnt it’s time to give it a rest. That’s what I did. The gelclair will ease yiur pain but nothing eases it enough to keep yourself nutritionally fed with enough calories. 
    The peg isn’t there for a reason it’s not weak to use it it’s sensible 

Weve been there done it got the t shirt 

Hugs Hazel 

Hazel aka RadioactiveRaz 

My blog is www.radioactiveraz.wordpress.com  HPV 16+ tonsil cancer Now 5 years  post treatment. 35 radiotherapy 2 chemo T2N2NM.Happily getting on with living always happy to help  

• The gelclair made my mouth worse & it stung , I’m on supplements at the moment going to try something sloppy tomorrow, some days are worse than others , I really thought the gelclair would numb it just for me to eat xx

1. Aly14
  • Hi it coats the ulcer to try and let you eat. Did  you dilute it and swill it’s round your mouth ti coat it. By end if week 3 I couldn’t do the Ensure drinks or anything sloppy it was tube fir everything. It then allows  you ti concentrate on everything without worrying about nutrition   It will help heal your ulcers but honestly there’s nothing that will make your mouth as it was ti enable you to eat  if you are susceptible to the ulcers ir us what ur us  

Medication and hydration also went into my tube. 
    Hazel xx

Hazel aka RadioactiveRaz 

My blog is www.radioactiveraz.wordpress.com  HPV 16+ tonsil cancer Now 5 years  post treatment. 35 radiotherapy 2 chemo T2N2NM.Happily getting on with living always happy to help  

• Use the PEG. It’s what it’s for. Your mouth needs a rest. If it’s any consolation it’s not likely to get much worse now. Most of us seem to plateau at the end of week 4 but it won’t get any better till a few weeks after you finish treatment. You just need to manage the pain to a tolerable level, put your head down and get through each day. 

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge
  • To be honest my soreness on my soft pallet is more uncomfortable than the ulcers at the moment plus my throat feels a bit like sandpaper when I swallow xx

1. Aly14
  • That’s why I said dilute the gelclair and swill it round don’t swallow it get too back  if throat  do it do it coat s  the soft palate. My cancer was tonsil soft palate and tonsil anterior wall. Along with lymph nodes. The radiotherapy is that brutal it melted my uvula ( dangly bit at back of throat) so that give s you an idea if what the radiotherapy can do. 
    Hugs Hazel xx

Hazel aka RadioactiveRaz 

• I’m the end of week 3 Dani , I really miss eating , to think just a few days ago I was eating chips Joy , I might stick with my soups & blend dinners up just while I can ( hopefully) xx

1. Aly14
  • Yes I diluted it maybe I should dilute it a bit more ? Xx

1. Aly14
  • Aly, it’s not forever. Just pace yourself and don’t inflict more pain in yourself. You’ll get there 

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge
  • Same as me Hazel , hope I can ride a bike after like you Joy xx

1. Aly14