Ulcers

• 76 replies
  • 29 subscribers

Hello wonderful people , ulcers are starting to come Sob any recommendations for a mouthwash please ? I have oralieve & biotene xx

• I diluted it 50 mil water. That’s hiw quickly it stops I was eating chips then on the Tuesday if week 3 it was like a brick wall went  up and I couldn’t even swallow soup eggs or anything. 
    H x

Hazel aka RadioactiveRaz 

My blog is www.radioactiveraz.wordpress.com  HPV 16+ tonsil cancer Now 5 years  post treatment. 35 radiotherapy 2 chemo T2N2NM.Happily getting on with living always happy to help  

• Thank you Hazel , that was just it , like it happened overnight xx

1. Aly14
  • Hi Akt. You will I’m back uo ti 70 km rides I was older than you 61 when dishy now 65 and living life to max. It’s a marathon not a sprint. Nutrition at this stage  is vital  fir recovery  later remember that Eating will return but now is just as important vas treatment ti fry the balance right. Have you used the peg yet ? 
    yes it was like a brick wall it won’t get any easier no matter what you use until treatment is over well it dudnt fir me. I took decision re tube. Remember week 3 recivery I was bsck eating orally the pegs or tube doesn’t effect you eating later unjess you let it. Di your exercises every day on swallow n jaw. 
    Hazel xx

Hazel aka RadioactiveRaz 

My blog is www.radioactiveraz.wordpress.com  HPV 16+ tonsil cancer Now 5 years  post treatment. 35 radiotherapy 2 chemo T2N2NM.Happily getting on with living always happy to help  

• No not used it yet Hazel xx

1. Aly14
  • Maybe the time is getting near. Mine was literally a lifesaver. I had n g tube fitted end of week 3 my trust didnt routinely fit pegs. It’s there for a reason  I do think my recovery  was helped by using tube those last weeks. .week 8  recovery i flew to Spain and a week later rode my bike only 8 km but was the sweetest 8 km I had ever ridden. 
    hugs H xx

Hazel aka RadioactiveRaz 

• I think it’s just trial & error , I have had cancer pain since last June & I adapted quite well with painkillers , it actually made my mouth feel better eating , yes I’m not normal Joy I’m not used to a sore throat though , I’m going to get my blender out & try that first , I actually ate trifle earlier without the sponge which I don’t like anyway xx

1. Aly14
  • yes it was like a brick wall

Tell me! One Thursday I was OK...ish then the next day Bam! Why is it always weekends? Spent the weekend nil by mouth. Admitted to hospital on the Monday for rehydration and tube placement but because it was New Years Eve didn't get home till my birthday on the 4th.

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge
  • They told me it would be gradual ! Xx

1. Aly14
  • They also tell you that you will be better two weeks after treatment end 

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below