While waiting and waiting..

• 8 replies
  • 129 subscribers

Hi all,

I am nearly 69, waiting and waiting for diagnosis of what might be sinus cancer, I fear.. It started last November with persistent blockage on left side, at upper jaw level, and in Dec moved to swollen glands on left side and feeling as if cold was coming up. GP thought it was an infection, gave antibiotic which I took mid Jan, and two days later woke up with swollen face, whole left side. As it was Saturday, I called and went to A&E.. To cut a long story short, I only just had CT (pantonogram in Feb showed a shadow) and now I wait for my appointment mid May, with Oral & Maxil... surgeon. I feel awful! Today I browsed sinus cancer and, bingo, I have all, but none from descriptions mentions any general body feelings, so decided to ask you! How did your body feel before you were diagnosed..? Were you just your usual and your cancer was very much local or all was going worst..? Can you tell me, please? 

Thank you!

• I felt absolutely normal but my head was telling me something somewhere was wrong. Don’t ask me how. Some sort of intuition? It’s what made me look in the mirror and give my body a good scan. Luckily … or unluckily… I found it in my mouth so didn’t have to search far. 
    Talking of searching please leave Google alone. You’ve already discovered how frightening it is. Worse than that it’s often inaccurate and dangerous. 
    Keep busy. You haven’t long to wait. Leave it to the experts who do this every day. 
    AND we are all different.

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge
  • Hi please keep off dr Google we can all make any symptoms fit without knowing. Your appointment isn’t too far away leave it to the experts. I was the total,opposite I was the fittest I had ever been healthy not a symptom I had a lump in my neck for months cancer was the furthest thing from my mind. I had just cycled 1100 km. .  I thought I had pulled a muscle cycling. How wrong was I my gp knew straight away luckily I saw a locum who immediately recognised my neck lump for what it was. Keep busy watch box sets read garden anythjng to distract you. 
    best wishes Hazel 

Hazel aka RadioactiveRaz 

My blog is www.radioactiveraz.wordpress.com  HPV 16+ tonsil cancer Now 5 years  post treatment. 35 radiotherapy 2 chemo T2N2NM.Happily getting on with living always happy to help  

• Hi Orrla

Swollen tonsil for nearly 2 years...small neck lump...nothing else....sent for ENT referral when tonsil infection appeared.....

Too much Dr Google does not help.

Peter

• Thank you Guys!

Today is extra difficult..Checked pollen, it says is low but just returned from a park where Spring is just ..amazing! .. with all trees, grass, you name it, in bloom..which could explain my swollen face,  runny eye, dripping nostril, shutting tight  throat, sneezing and all other jazz...?

I know! ..I must wait..

WaveHugging

• Hi

I was diagnosed in Jan 23. I’d felt pretty normal, but had developed a swelling in the roof of my mouth and gums In the past month. been having intermittent heavy nose bleeds as well.

In July 22 I’d had a benign inverted papilloma removed, this is a benign growth. This was key hole surgery which had left my mouth numb. I’ll never know if this masked any sensation of the cancer that developed.

So in Jan I felt pretty healthy. I knew something was up but thought the Papilloma had regrowth. To be told I had a large cancer was a real shock. Treatment went well though.

Fred

• Hi Orrla

I was 59 when first diagnosed with jaw cancer fit and healthy with no sinister symptoms other than an ulcer on my gum that would not heal and was becoming a little painful. I ate a healthy diet did not smoke or drink. It's just one of those things, the luck of the draw.

Now 70 and have had 3 large surgeries for jaw cancer but going strong still.

You are still in the early stages of diagnosis and fingers crossed there is another explanation for your symptoms. If the worst happens and you are diagnosed with cancer you will get lots of support on this forum. There is a very good success rate with treatment for head and neck cancers but fingers crossed for you it is a negative diagnosis for cancer but the waiting for results can be excruciating.

Lyn

Sophie66

• Thanks, Lyn! ..did they reck your face..?

I don't know what to do. It decided to go much worst yesterday... eye, throat, swollen chick, neck, internal pressure, burning nostril, uncontrollable dripping.. Over two weeks to wait..?

Flushed

• I don't know what to do.

Heavens! Take yourself off to A&E. 

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge