Tonsil cancer first week of treatment.

• 35 replies
  • 130 subscribers

Hi, I have no idea if I have done this right but I have started my first week of tonsil cancer treatment.

Just wanted to come and say hello as Dani suggested.

I would like to wish you all luck on this journey.

First week has been OK, just very tired, but other than that nothing to worry about as in reactions. 

Just yesterday I wasn't very hungry as food didn't taste very nice. 

Thank you.

Jaxo

• Hi Jaxo. Stay with us. The road is really bumpy but short then there’s a longer one to recovery. The folk here are wonderful and keep each other afloat.

Youll have a good few questions on the way and there’s always someone to chat with 

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge
  • Hi Jaxo

Well done first week sorted ….reduced  appetite and loss of taste all normal. Sadly as the weeks progress it does get more challanging . Just listen to your team ,tell them exactly what you are feeling , any side effects ( like ones above). Keep on top of any pain as your body needs all the help it can get x

Dani and Hazel got me through my 7 weeks of very harsh treatment and still support me nearly 5mths after!

The replies from the amazing people on this group come from their personal experience, knowledge and expertise x

This group is the best online support you could wish for so post anytime you need a listening ear.

You will make it through (no matter how tough the journey may be)and in a few months enjoy life again x

Debbie 

• Well done on completing week 1.  It is a long road ahead and there will be a few bumps on the way.  It will take some time after treatment to begin to feel normal again, but as you go through this stay with us for advice and guidance from those that wear a T-shirt you'll soon be wearing!

Peter
    See my profile for more details of my convoluted journey
  • Hi Jaxo, well done, that's one over. Stick with us, we are all here to help. Any questions or worries just ask.

Ray.

• Hi Jaxo

Good luck on this treatment  journey .... some tolerate it better than others.... hope you are one of the lucky ones.... Chemoradio is a tough gig..... keep us posted.... most on here have been there and done it.....this forum is excellent for advice and support.

Take care and best of luck 

Peter 

• Thank you,

Feel a bit low today.

I live alone and its become very lonely all of a sudden whereas its never really bothered me before.

I don't have much support my son has his own family and works hard.

My sister lives half hour away and has her own health issues.

I'm driving for my Radiotherapy myself ATM but have nobody which drives if I can't, the patient transport person from Radiotherapy hasn't been very helpful and has made me feel like I should get the bus.

If I get to the stage where I feel too I can't do it I will speak to my macmillan nurse. 

I just don't want to be a pain to anyone. 

Thanks Dani it's nice to know people are here to chat.

Jaxo

• Thank you Debbie means a lot.

• Thank you Peter.

• Thank you Peter,

I will probably be on here a lot.