Eating advice needed

• 22 replies
  • 80 subscribers

Hi All

I am 9 weeks post treatment and have just had my NG tube removed after 3 months.

I’ve tried various different types of food but I seem to be struggling with most things.

Inside my mouth, my tongue and my teeth are still really sensitive which has been an issue with some foods. Anything too acidic or containing herbs seems to be an issue.

So far I’ve been surviving on porridge and fortisips.

Can you share with me any hints and tips about what to try next? And any tips for how to actually take the food to make it more manageable?

Thank you

Suzanne

• Thanks bridgetb, I haven’t tried custard yet but I’ll look out for the chocolate one.

• Hi Suzanne,

I thought I'd add in some other options, that we have found have worked for my husband. Eggs have definitely been a must , add in ricotta or cottage cheese (great for protein) , butter and spinach scramble. Avocado is soothing, full of healthy fats and fiber and can be whipped into a thick smoothie  ( with banana, peanut butter and any milk) or a moose . Coconut Collab yogurt is soothing and has probiotics in it . Wholegrain pasta, mushrooms and a creme or cheese style sauce. You can also have poached fish cod in butter. Sweet cured mackerel. Baked Sweet potato , with butter and topped with cottage cheese. Pancakes homemade. Boil any veg and mash with butter. Poached chicken breast, tender with gravy. You can also enhance the porridge, with extra nutrients and calories by adding milled flaxseed or chia seeds or a nut butter to it . Chia seed pudding is another option....Hope that helps a little