Back to work, lost my voice

• 9 replies
  • 73 subscribers

Hi 

Just wondered if anyone has had similar issues and if you have any advise. I’m back to work after 5 weeks of RT for tongue cancer and lympth node removal! All was going well back eating most things Grimacingtil this week I’ve had hayfever which before all this I would sort quite quickly but I’ve lost my voice down to a whisper Grimacing which is very tricky as I work in a school.  I’m wondering is it the hayfever irritating my vocal cords or is it because I’m now talking a lot more being back at work.  Just wondered if anyone else had the same thing and they new some magic to get my voice back GrimacingSee no evil 

RT finished 3 months ago 

Thank you xx

•  I’m wondering is it the hayfever irritating my vocal cords or is it because I’m now talking a lot more being back at work.  Just wondered if anyone else had the same thing and they new some magic to get my voice back

Both. My voice went up and down for months. Are you lubricating your mouth properly? A dry mouth leads to a dry throat

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge
  • Hi  Are you  drinking enough not easy at d hills but I was still drinking 2-3 litres of water for a good year. As Dani says dry mouth equals fry throat. Do you have special mouth was I am

Prescribed   bio xtra it’s gentle p h neutral and moistures the mucosal linings 

Hazel 

Hazel aka RadioactiveRaz 

My blog is www.radioactiveraz.wordpress.com  HPV 16+ tonsil cancer Now 5 years  post treatment. 35 radiotherapy 2 chemo T2N2NM.Happily getting on with living always happy to help  

• Yes been drinking tons of water. I work outside in a woodland so I’m now wondering the dryness of the ground makes it very dusty prob not helping Rolling eyes oh well something I’ll going to have to try and work on See no evil I might start the dry mouth spray again.  I use the Propolis as well.  

thank you

• Just to say I up my water in take and took an antihistamine and some lemon balm tea. Woke up with a voice again but still a bit croaky but at least I can talk Raised hands thank you as always xx

• Great news just keep on top of  water intake, it does get better just takes time.

i drink herbal tea  all the time with no more than 1 coffee most days. Teas and coffee are dehydrating at best of times m I have a selection of various herbal teas.. 

Hazel 

Hazel aka RadioactiveRaz 

My blog is www.radioactiveraz.wordpress.com  HPV 16+ tonsil cancer Now 5 years  post treatment. 35 radiotherapy 2 chemo T2N2NM.Happily getting on with living always happy to help  

• Ahhh ok I completely cut out coffee during treatment but I’ve now crept up to 3 a day Flushed I’ll cut that back as that probably hasn’t helped! Love coffee sooo much Sob oh well need to enjoy my lemon balm just the same x

• It took me a year before coffee didn’t dehydrate me 

Even now I limit myself to two long coffees a day. Tea is a no no. Too much tannin which dries my mouth out. I’m a Pukka Tea fan now .. very fussy. 
    Sparkling water is good too. I live in wales where our water is crystal pure and tastes wonderful. 

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge
  • Sadly yes I limit my self. No tea only herbals there’s lots of choices. 

Hazel 

Hazel aka RadioactiveRaz 

• I drink decaf coffee and tea and can highly recommend  a tray of ice in a pint glass with a spring water or your choice or ginger beer or zero coke . Wish I knew that after last treatment All the Best Minmax Great on the throat I find