My partner's worries

• 3 replies
  • 64 subscribers

Hello, My cancer was diagnosed as terminal in February, also having spread to lymph nodes. My partner is so supportive although she is very worried how it will progress. I am feeling as fit as a flee except for the dreaded liquidiser. Very concerned for her.

• Hi AllanAlive

Welcome to the forum, I am sorry that you have a terminal diagnosis, of OC, due to the spread to the lymph nodes.

This is a great place to be to chat, and that is extended to your partner also.  I am the wife of the person with the diagnosis, we were also told that his diagnosis was terminal due to lymph nodes, lung and liver mets. That said, he was diagnosed just over one year ago, we are in line with the original prognosis, with treatment but he, like you is as fit as a flee (now) 

Please feel free to share your journey, ask your partner to join and chat if she would like to.  Also remember that you can contact Macmillan for support at any time, the number is in my signature strip.

Thinking of you both 

Lowe'

Call the helpline for free on 08088080000, 8am to 8pm everyday.
    Tomorrow is not promised but it always has potential. Aim for your potential!
  • Hi Lowedal,

Thank you so much for your message

I will ensure that my parner signs in when I see her on Friday

My best wishes to you both

Allan 

• Hello AllanAlive

I’m very sorry about your diagnosis but you sound strong and that’s a big help.

If I can help your partner in any way I will, my husband had OC and it was a really frightening time (I was more frightened than he was).  It can really help to chat to people in a similar position so I hope she does join in, there’s lots of support and lovely people ready to answer questions.

J x