Pip

• 6 replies
  • 51 subscribers

Got tumer in oeao in wheelchair and pip have declined me  im ill private  company's telling dwp lies

• Hi

i had breast cancer last year had chemotherapy and radiotherapy unfortunately after treatment finished I was diagnosed with a new primary cancer in my oesophageal and lymph node not operable but told it’s treatable and also diagnosed with seconadry breast cancer on my spine. On two occasions I have tried for pip and both refused . I give up now.  

• Hello Amman and Janey, did you phone up for PIP? My husband did. There is a specific number for people who have a terminal diagnosis. The person he spoke to was so lovely and helpful. He had his first payment in less than a week. He looked it up on the Gov.Uk website; provided all the required information about professional's and their contact details and his Macmillan nurse completed a form digitally. R something. We were amazed at how easy it was.

Don't give up xxx

• Hi

I think your husband was very fortunate as from my own and others experience dealing with PIP is very traumatic and also unsuccessful. Unless you've been told categorically by your team that you have less than 12 months to live then they're not interested. Also because their criteria for claiming is so regimented and too confined it doesn't take into account many elements that having cancer brings. 

• Are you under retirement age ? PIP isn’t given after it is Attendance allowance for retirees. Good luck I hope you manage definitely don’t give up trying. 

• Ah. Maybe that's it, then. Prognosis without treatment was 5-6 months ...

• I revived PIP I worked and was not in receipt of any other benefits. I got high rate daily part and low rate disability, I had absolutely no problems claiming even the assessment was done over the phone.
    I called the help line after I had the op I was moved up to high rate mobility for 3 year then it was cancelled. Which I’ll be honest I was at a point of semi normality. 

If you’re nearing the end of life or only expected to live 12 months or less you might be able to get Personal Independence Payment (PIP) more quickly and at a higher rate. 

This is called ‘special rules for end of life’.

There is a number on the DWP website and if you’ve been refused you have a right to appeal