POST-OP

• 2 replies
  • 52 subscribers

Hi all, 

My nan had the tumour in her oesphagus removed through key hole surgery on the 24th May. She stayed in hospital for 6 weeks after due to constant diahorrea and sickness. They eventually sent her home with her feeding tube as she couldn't stay in hospital for ''just'' diahorrea and sickness. However, the sickness has still carried on, it has almost been 2 months, she was sick 7 times in one hour just yesterday. Sometimes its just reflux or phlegm and sometimes it is vomit. She is now back in hospital with a suspected infection (high temp) but nothing showing on CT scan. She is super sleepy and mostly just sleeps all day (which is out of character for her). Sometimes she can be sick all day and all night..I am just wondering if anybody else experienced this and when we can expect her to get better? Thank you for reading. 

• Hi  

I'm sorry to read how poorly your nan is and it must be a very difficult time for the whole family.

Although I'm not a member of this forum, I noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. Responding to you will 'bump' it back to the top of the discussion list again.

While you're waiting for replies, it would be great if you could put something about your Nan's diagnosis and treatment to date into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• lozjay

I am sorry that I am only just seeing this post , i imagine so much has happened since you posted it. 

Lowe'

Call the helpline for free on 08088080000, 8am to 8pm everyday.
    Tomorrow is not promised but it always has potential. Aim for your potential!