Eating Back to Normal after 1st FLOT session

• 3 replies
  • 42 subscribers

Hi Everypeeps!

Did anyone else have a noticeable improvement in their eating (appetite and types of food tolerated) after their very first FLOT session? I had mine on Monday and today actually looked forward to eating my breakfast for the first time in a long time!

Thanks

Anthony 

• Hi  

I'm not a member of this forum but noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. Responding to you will 'bump' it back to the top of the discussion list again.

While you're waiting for replies, it would be great if you could put something about your diagnosis and treatment to date into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi Antony,

Yes, I had the very same experience. My first FLOT was on the 13th December 2023 and I was able to enjoy my Christmas dinner on the 25th. Not something I had anticipated being able to do. I have now just commenced my post-surgery FLOT. Lack of appetite is more of an issue to me now than the actual mechanics of swallowing. Good luck with your continuing treatment 

• Hi 

Yes, my husband had the same reaction after his first chemo cycle and he’d been  totally reliant on his JEJ feeding tube at that stage ...By the fourth one he was eating everything and anything .

Wishing you well with your ongoing treatment 

regards J