Esophagus cancer

• 2 replies
  • 40 subscribers

Hi my husband was diagnosed with esophagus cancer in March,they gave us hope saying that it was contained,the pet scan showed no hot spots and the staging laparoscopy also was good,the doctor said he had a good look around and couldn’t see any spread and that he was going for the cure,my husband went into Nottingham city in may to have a big op to remove the cancer and pull his stomach up,but when they opened him up they said it was inoperable,he has had 2 rounds of palliative chemo which don’t seem to have worked,his oncologist has cancelled the 3rd round until he’s had a ct scan,meanwhile my husband calves and feet have swollen up massive with water,he’s been given 2.5 mg of ferusamide but it’s not doing anything,on Friday night he started being sick all brown stuff watery but brown in colour and he didn’t stop till 4am this morning,he only has feeds through a Jeg tube,has anyone else experienced anything like this

• Hi 

I am sorry that you are both going through this harrowing experience and that there has been a delay in responding to your post, I had seen it when you posted it, but do not have any experience of either a Jeg tube or the other difficulties that you discuss, I truly wish I had some words that could offer some help.

At any time between 8 am & 8 pm you can call Macmillan direct on the number in my signature - they may be able to help?

My apologies for not responding earlier

Lowe'

Call the helpline for free on 08088080000, 8am to 8pm everyday.
    Tomorrow is not promised but it always has potential. Aim for your potential!
  • Millie, my husband is not a candidate for surgery so I have no experience with this but I just wanted to send you strength and good wishes. It sounds like you have been on a real roller coaster. Lisa