An introduction

• 4 replies
  • 11 subscribers

Well I find myself in a new community of people by circumstances I guess none of us would rather be dealing with. I choose to engage so as to in some small way deal with "The Beastie". That is a non-sentient  invasive little physical representation that embodies an awful lot of potential for fear and worry. That though is a thinking health matter which is why I choose to engage.

Without wishing to sound overly positive as this new uncertainty becomes front and center, today I am walking and breathing with a life that can still be lived. The Beastie will certainly change matters for me, but having been fortunate to get this identified comparatively early, I try and hope these will be minimised. I recognise there are many curve balls yet to come. Take care out there to you all. We know we are a rare grouping and different things to air if we so wish.

• Hi  

I hope that some of the members of this forum will pop on to share their experiences with you but, in the meantime, my responding to you will 'bump' your post back to the top of the discussion list again.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Life's rare quirks threw up a better one today. Bumped into a former work colleague today who has been treated for the very same thing previously. Rarer and rarer, but I will take this with both hands as a known individual to chat over coffee with.

• That's great that you've bumped into someone who has the same type of cancer as you. Obviously not great that they too have cancer but you know what I mean!

You're right that it is nice to be able to talk face-to-face with someone who understands and who you don't have to explain things to.

I hope you get lots of opportunities for coffee and chats.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"