Choroidal Melanoma

• 2 replies
  • 11 subscribers

Hi Everyone, 

I just wished to introduce myself and say a massive thank you to all those who have helped me on my recent journey, because it is 3 months to the day that I had my right eye enucleation at Moorfields. The overall aftercare and the fitting of my first prosthetic eye by the NAES team has been really good. Whilst I am still adjusting to my new view of the world, I was keen to find out if there was anyone else who has lost vision in one eye and is back driving and how long it took to get back behind the wheel again.

Thanks

Paul 

•  

Hi Paul and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

That's great to read that you've had a great experience with your treatment so far. I haven't an enucleation but noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. Responding to you will 'bump' it back to the top of the discussion list where it might be seen by someone who can share their experience with you.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi,

I really appreciate your response and the intent to give my enquiry some more visibility, although I may also post in one of the other forums to see if anyone can relate to my question. Certainly sounds like you have had a rough ride in the last 6 years!

Take care

Paul