Hello

• 2 replies
  • 11 subscribers

Hi, My mum had her eye removed a year ago. The cancer has spread to her liver and she is getting pain and lots of indigestion. I’m looking for any advice on how to best support her, my family and myself. I’d also like to know what to expect in order to give the best support in the coming months. We are waiting for results from her most recent scan and she is currently receiving chemo. Thank you in advance for any help or advice. 

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I can't help with your questions but I noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. Responding to you will 'bump' your post back to the top of the discussion list where it'll be easier to see.

I can see that you've also joined and posted in the carers only group and had replies to your post there. I'm sure you'll find the other members of that group are very good at giving support.

While you're waiting for replies here, it would be great if you could pop something about your mum's diagnosis and treatment so far into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi, Thanks for your reply. I will endeavour to do that on my profile. So many new words that mean nothing but bad news. If our experience can help others then that’s good. All the best.