Newly diagnosed

• 1 reply
  • 10 subscribers

Hello everyone. Received a diagnosis of ocular melanoma (back of right eye) on Friday. I was expecting it to be confirmed but there was that little bit of hope that they were going to say they were wrong. I'm all over the place, I keep zoning in and out. I find out on Thursday what course of treatment I'll be having and when. Did anyone just feel numb when the were first diagnosed?

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I haven't had ocular melanoma but I do remember that numb feeling when told I had melanoma of the skin. I did find that once I knew what the treatment was going to be I felt a lot more in control of things.

I hope your appointment tomorrow goes well. Take a notebook and pen with you containing your questions, as I can guarantee that when you're in with the consultant you'll forget some of the things that you wanted to ask.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"