Swollen lymph nodes with HCL

• 2 replies
  • 13 subscribers

Hi

I've posted a few times about my husband being diagnosed with HCL. 

He had chemo treatment end of February and after recovering from the side effects of that, he seemed to be quite well.

After a phased return, he returned back to full time working at the beginning of July, and although quite tired some days, again he seemed to be ok. 

A few days ago his neck lymph nodes became quite swollen and he developed a very husky voice, but no actual soreness in his throat. The hospital were very quick to do blood tests on him, and found no sign of infection.

As a precaution they're bringing forward his next full bloods/ consultant appointment scheduled at beginning of September and he's to go next week.

I know not everyone is the same but just wondered if anyone else has developed swollen lymph nodes post treatment and it turn out ok? The fact he has no infection with the swelling is a concern.

Thanks x

• Good morning  sorry to read about your husbands problems but good that he is being checked out quickly.

As you may remember I have a different type of Blood Cancer (CTCL) and since my last treatment back in Oct 2015 I have often had unexplained raised lymph nodes but no voice problems.

As with your husband I had everything checked out and nothing was found so it has been put down to my lymph nodes now being more reactive to little ‘normal’ things going on in my body that my Lymphatic System is/was fighting but results in more noticeable activity in my nodes.

I have also had many infection also so over the past 7+ years been 7 times back in hospital (40 days) with Chest Infections, Lung Fungal Infections, the RSV Virus, Pneumonia x2, Neutropenic Sepsis x2……. for some their immune system can be fragile post treatments  

I do hope that a simple answer is found ((hugs))

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Hi Mike 

Many thanks for your reassurance.

Trying not to worry but in just one day he suddenly looked like a hamster. Not excessive swelling but a concern, and especially as there seems no reason for it, like an infection. Just have to see how things go and wait for Monday's appointment.

Cheers