Cll and Knee replacement

• 2 replies
  • 13 subscribers

Hi there, I am new to the community. Thanks for letting me join.

After a pre-op assessment ahead of a full knee replacement, we were shocked, stunned and devastated to discover my partner has elevated WBC, and Lymphocytes. Diagnosis is (potential) CLL.
We were shocked, as he presents no generic symptoms other than severe vertigo, which came on suddenly last month having never experienced vertigo previously. He tires easily, but we put this down to his arthritis.

We have an appointment with a haematologist on the 3rd Dec. Our GP seems to think with his readings he may be classed as ‘watch and wait’

My question to you: Has anyone had a full knee replacement with CLL, and/or, experienced vertigo as a symptom?
Thank you, very worrying and challenging times ahead…

• hi again , well done getting your post up and lets look for some of the group members to pick up on your post.

As I said in your other post, lots of people do have lightheadedness as a posable symptom (Vertigo??) but it is a question you need to ask to his clinical team. Blood cancers can present basically any where in the body so who knows apart from the experts.

You may find THIS LINK on the Lymphoma Action site helpful as it highlights questions you should be looking for answers for from your Haematologist. 

Always around to chat ((hugs))

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Hi Mike, many thanks for the information. You have given us some hope. We will refer back to the community once we have seen the haematologist. I hope you are keeping well. Hugging