Cramp

• 3 replies
  • 9 subscribers

Hi everyone,

I don't post very often and I know people on this site are having a hard time and my heart goes out to each and every one of them. My question seems trivial and I'm almost embarrassed to ask but I've been taking Imatinib for about 14 months and now I get muscle cramp in my legs and hands. Does anyone know what I can do to prevent it?

• I am prescribed Adcal D3 which is a calcium supplement with added vitamin D I think.

It def makes them better.

Initially I had the cramps with Imatinib, but now I'm on Nilotinib after a mutation stopped Imatinib working, and Dasatinib caused pleural effusions. Only got the cramps with Imatinib and Nilotinib.

What I've found is I need to have plenty of sleep or the cramps are much worse. If I have enough sleep I can go days without having them now.

All the best Slight smile

• Hi  you may know that I have a different blood cancer but I did suffer from leg cramps. I was prescribed Magnesium tablets by my consultant and this helped a lot so do talk this through with your clinical team as they can help.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Hello  I too have been on Imatinib for about 3 plus years (just moved into my third year with BCR/ABL at <0.001%) Cramp has been hounding me for sometime, legs during the night especially if uncovered and so cooler than warm, hands and arms during the day if I have been particularly active. I took a leaf out of the Cricketer's manual and drink a shot of pickle juice (sweet gherkins or similar) that renders me 3 to 4 days cramp free and relieves cramp in minutes.