Finished treatment - all clear

• 11 replies
  • 31 subscribers

I just wanted to share my news . I was diagnosed with stage 3C cervical cancer in December 2022. The diagnosis was devastating for me and my family . Fast forward to 28th July , I had 5 weeks of cisplatin chemo (which made me extremely nauseous and exhausted ) and 5 weeks of radiotherapy Monday to Friday. The 6th week was brachytherapy which I absolutely dreaded and whilst it was difficult and so emotional I got through it . I’ve now been told the cancer had gone and I have a good prognosis . I am in remission. I know that nothing is guaranteed but I did it and I’m so grateful . It’s hard to stay positive all the time  I know but the treatment now is just phenomenal - I just wanted to share to give some hope to all of you at whatever stage you are at . I’m thinking of you all and know exactly how you are feeling - I want to wish you all the strength and love in the world and I’m happy to answer any questions to the best of my ability - just sharing experience helps sometimes xxxxx 

• Hi  and welcome to our group.

Thank you for sharing your story and your great news! I’m sure it will be such an encouraging story for everyone, particularly ladies starting out on treatment.

I agree that sharing our experience can be such a help, so I’m glad you’ve joined us and look forward to you being able to add a lot to our group.

Sarah xx

Community Champion Badge

Cervical Cancer Forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Hi Debbie, absolutely well done and it’s fantastic news! I was stage 3 and had very similar treatment to you. Diagnosed Nov 2022. Had my first scan in may 2023 which was clear of cancer. Such a relieve! I’ve Got my second scan coming up next week and I don’t know why but I’m terrified?! 

• Hi She111

well done you - I absolutely understand how you are feeling . I’m terrified and it’s only been a few weeks for me . Whilst o was having treatment I felt so strong and tried to stay positive . It is still on my mind all the time even though I’m all clear . I’m hoping that will ease with time .

Good luck with your scan , I am sending you lots of positive thoughts - let me know how you get on x

• I was exactly the the same.. positive all the way but it’s always  there in your mind isn’t it! Thank you  Blush 

good luck to you too xxx

• Hi  that is such wonderful news and thank you for sharing. I have my MRI for staging in a few days and it’s all so overwhelming and scary. People keep urging me to stay positive but it’s really hard, but reading your positive story is really helpful.

• People think it’s helpful to tell you to keep positive, but that can at times be very difficult. Not long till your mri and you’ll soon know your stage and treatment, which will hopefully make things easier to manage. I found things became less stressful once I knew what I was dealing with. 

Sarah xx

Community Champion Badge

Cervical Cancer Forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Hi mollie1973, gosh I know exactly how you are feeling , you can absolutely do this . You will feel positive one day and not the next - this is your journey and you will find a way to cope . When I heard Stage 3 I panicked but the team were so fantastic at the hospital and filled me with reassurance . They were so kind and totally honest with me. I had my bad days and you will too but your inner strength will enable you to get through. Waiting for the treatment and imaging it was very hard . The journey you are on will take you through every emotion but know there are friends , family and everyone on here behind you xx keep us updated and please do reach out if you need to at anytime xx 

• You are most welcome x