New here

• 26 replies
  • 25 subscribers

Hi I’m leanne I had stage 2b cervical cancer in 2023 completed all treatment all scans since have been clear but now I’m getting pelvic/low back pain also sometimes pain down my left leg and pain in my left hip I’m really worried, has anyone had this a year after treatment and it been ok? Also when I go for a bowel movement I get bad pain after and after sex but this has only just started happening xx 

• Thanks  for coming back with an update. I hope you feel reassured, and you know you can call again if your symptoms don’t improve. 

Sarah xx

Community Champion Badge

Cervical Cancer Forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Yes it put my mind at rest a little bit now hun and thankyou for your support xx

• Hiya, I’ve been told that my vagina is shorter and my urethra is very narrow due to the treatment. I also have issues going to the toilet. Nothing major but it’s still a hassle, both for no.1 & no.2. Having gone into menopause I have the sweats and everything related to menopause. I was told it’s more severe when u go into menopause as I did because it’s not a natural progression. Hip and lower back pain is constant. Different day, different level of pain but it’s horrible on the bad days. There’s not exact cure for any of my side effects though for some there are treatments that help to keep the pain at a minimum.

how are you feeling?

• Hi my treatment also put me on early menopause I couldn’t cope with the sweats they gave me tibolone and they do help a bit, I’m having ongoing issues with toilet problems and pain in back hip/down leg, did they give you any medication for menopause? X

• Hiya, I only take venaflaxine. I didn’t want HRT jot any meds that has side effects. Also doing a treatment once a week for 6 weeks. Doc says it’s like omeprazole for the bladder. The cystoscopy procedure was done under general due to how narrow my urethra is but I think the procedure opened it up slightly. 
    unfortunately, 2 years after my treatment I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes and the year later with Conn’s disease (over production of aldosterone due to a non cancerous growth on the adrenal gland) I hope to have the growth removed so at least I can recover from it and get off all the blood pressure meds I need to control it.

how are you coping with your side effects? I have good, bad and very bad day especially with the hip pain and just generally feeling sorry for myself. 

• Hiya I couldn’t cope without HRT medication and still get the sweats and all symptoms of menopause just not as bad, the hip back and leg pain sometimes like yourself have really bad days then other times not so bad Iv been taking paracetamol and using a hot water bottle but maybe need some stronger painkillers, bowel pain is the worse for me and constantly going to the toilet plus not sleeping xx