New Here and worried

• 1 reply
  • 24 subscribers

Hi all, I went to the doctos last week with spotting/ bleeding between periods/ after sex and watery discharge (alot) I had swabs to check for sti's which came back fine, have an ultrasound next week and am waiting for my colposcopy appointment to come through. Im so worried. I was on yearly smears, I had my last one in Jan 23 and I was fine but now have almost convinced myself that its something bad. Has anyone had similar symtoms? 

• Hi  and welcome to our group.

I’m sorry to see you’re so worried about your symptoms, but it’s understandable when you haven’t had an explanation yet. I’m not sure it’s really very useful to compare symptoms with others, especially in a cancer group, as you might read of someone having cancer with similar symptoms and it will only make you more anxious when you have no diagnosis so far.

You’ve done the most important thing in going to the doctor and getting the ball rolling for tests and investigations, but it can be difficult waiting for results from these and a definitive answer to your issues. However, try not to let your thoughts run away with themselves just yet-you’re going to need to sit tight and try and keep busy and distracted while you wait for things to happen. 

You are welcome to be with us, and there will be support for you if you do get a cancer diagnosis, but for now try not to think the worst. Please let us know how you get on.

Sarah xx

Community Champion Badge

Cervical Cancer Forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm