CIN2/3 waiting for Biopsy

• 3 replies
  • 25 subscribers

Hello Everyone, as many of you im Anxiously waiting biopsy results ( they took 5) smear test showed high grade changes, to previous 2 years before which was low grade. I’m very anxious because when I had the smear test the nurse said she could see I need colposcopy but try not to worry, then 4 days later I was called for one, I was told I would be treated that day. When I got there I was not treated and took biopsies instead. Said mild to moderate ACW. Part of me thinks I’m sure it’s all fine, then I’m panicking I’m just walking around with cancer. 

has anyone else ever had CIN2/3 and it come back as cancer? Or would they have seen it’s cancer in Colposcopy and told me then? 

thank you

• Hi and welcome to our group.

I can understand you’re really worried while you wait, but it’s not really possible for anyone to say what your biopsy results might be. I’m not sure if anyone else in the group has had CIN2/3 come back as cancer, but try not to compare yourself to others are we are all different.

Not having treatment on the day doesn’t mean that cancer has been seen-only biopsy results can confirm cancer, and so the biopsies are needed to confirm whether what has been seen is just the suspected abnormal cells, or actually any cancer. Nothing would have been said at the time the biopsies were taken, as the simple fact is that it’s not known until the results come back and they can’t make a guess.

For now, although it’s awful to have wait, that’s what you’re going to have to do. Try not to let your thoughts run wild as you don’t have any diagnosis yet, and taking biopsies is normal practice. 

It’s really hard not to worry-I understand that-but I hope you don’t have long to wait until you get your results and can get some reassurance. Please let us know how you get on, and we will help to support you if you do get a cancer diagnosis.

Sarah xx

Community Champion Badge

Cervical Cancer Forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Thank you for reply, it’s just a very difficult wait. Hopefully not much longer 

• Yes, waiting is the worst part of all of this-I think we can all agree with that! Keep us posted when you can, and feel free to reach out if you need any more help.

Sarah xx

Community Champion Badge

Cervical Cancer Forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm