Initial diagnosis is Stage 4

• 15 replies
  • 29 subscribers

Hi.  This time last week I was diagnosed with primary BC which has spread to my bones. In total shock. Result of biopsy due Thursday.  Anyone been diagnosed with secondary at the same time as primary?  Mind is going crazy, I need to know what the future holds.  I am 57

• Hi  hope you are doing good. Have started on Letrozole, will be starting on Ribociclib soon , and Denosumab once I get sign off from my dentist on Tuesday. Still feel like a rabbit caught in headlights, everything has moved so fast. Hardly been a day without being poked, prodded, stabbed or scanned. Looking forward to some sort of routine now all the initial tests are over. Take care x
  • I’m doing well on sane drugs as you. First scan (4months since treatment started) showed tumours reducing and no progression. The drugs are working and I feel fine. I hope you have the same experience. Looking back, I don’t know how I got through the first couple of months but I did and you will too. Good luck. 

• Hi Micmc

think Ive just replied to you in another post. I am in the same boat as I went to the doctor in November with a breast lump and found out a few weeks later that it was cancer that had spread to my bones liver and lungs. It was too much to take in as I am 55 and now have to cope with what I've been told is incurable cancer.

There is so much I don't know and I've already gone from no symptoms to pain in my ribs, torn rotator cuff in my shoulder and a limp from my right leg in 2 months. I was given meds yesterday at my first oncology appointment but very little info. My head is all over the place and I feel I need a map for all this.

• Hi TheaT. I am sorry about your diagnosis. It’s a terrible shock and it’s just not possible to take it all in. My experience was that the pain eased off significantly a few weeks after treatment started. Don’t be afraid to ask for pain relief. You really have enough emotional pain to deal with and physical pain will drag you down. It took me about three months to understand what was happening to me - I just couldn’t take it in. I just took the drugs and did as I was told. It was all a blur if I’m honest. I feel much better now in myself and I’m back at work. I’m  feeling well on my drugs but the grief and worry never fully goes. It’s a terrible, heartbreaking journey but it will get better as the initial horror starts to subside. I wish you luck. 
    Karen. 

• Thank you so much for sharing Karen

Shock is too little a word isn't it?! I feel like the old computer on freeze with the little circle sign going round and round and I am waiting but nothing is making any sense.

Its a Huge relief to hear you say that the pain might ease. That's the first good news in all this doom and gloom. My biggest fear is losing mobility and the worst thing is coping with the pain. As you say its hard to focus on everything emotionally when its physically so difficult.

Its good not to have t o journey alone