Advice

• 1 reply
  • 31 subscribers

Hi

i am not sure if I have already asked the question but I can’t find any response so I thought I’d give it another go. I’m pretty hopeless at social forums of any kind.

I’ve been looking to see if there is anyone else dealing with what I have as I am sure there must be others but I haven’t been able to see any.

I was diagnosed and treated for an oestrogen pos breast cancer, this then metastasised to my bones but which has been kept stable for a couple of years.

Last week I was diagnosed with TNBC in my other breast. Seems that my monthly bloods and quarterly scans were unable to pick up this other cancer as it looks for changes in my bones. Which is fare enough and I understand that.

My treatment for this new cancer is a lumpectomy (If able to) followed by radiotherapy and no chemo as it is not thought beneficial as I am already Stage 4.  I also never received chemo the first time round but I now take chemo tablets and have done for four years.

I can’t find anyone else who has had this and nobody is giving me any clear answers as to what to expect apart from, ‘we’re really sorry’ what does that mean, my life expectancy is now shortened? Or surgery to remove the new tumour will remove the TNBC and I just carry on with my treatment for my secondary? 

Is there anyone else who has had this who can help me settle my fears or tell me ‘as it is’!!! 

Thank you  

• Hi Bluefrog,

Sorry this is happening to you.

It sounds as though your ER+ primary cancer is currently under control, and that this new TNBC tumour in unrelated to the first.

In that case they may well be able to totally remove it, and hopefully that will be that.

Fingers crossed for you.

Cheers,

Andy