Eribulin

• 6 replies
  • 33 subscribers

Hi There,

I am hoping for some reassurance, my wife has been battling with secondary breast cancer for almost a year now, she has meta in her shoulder, lung, liver and lymph nodes.

She has had various treatments which have to an extent been working. She had her first line treatment which didn’t work, she has since been on weekly paclitaxel and had a 3 monthly scan last week only to be told yesterday this has now stopped working and her liver met has doubled in size to 6cm.

The consultant has advised that her treatment will be changed to Eribulin starting next week. My concern is I have read elsewhere this is the last line of treatment, I know reading things online is a bad idea but this has really concerned me and I am hoping for a little reassurance.

Apologies for the long message and thanks in advance for any hope.

Many thanks

• Hi i thought i would just say there are sites on facebook were people  can go to talk and find out more info on different kinds of treatment and i am sure there is one for this type of chemo. Its not all doom and gloom and theses sites are really helpfull. Its not always the last line of treatment you could be very surprised what is still available, a friend of mine is on her 8th  line of treatment over 17 years so there is hope for us all

• Hi  

I'm not a member of this forum but noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. Responding to you will 'bump' it back to the top of the discussion list again.

I typed 'eribulin' into the group search facility and found these previous posts for you to look through. You could reply to some of the posters if you wanted to, to ask more questions.

Wishing you and your wife all the best

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Over 17 yrs this has really made my day, I’ve been so down lately and worried. How are you doing xx

• Thank you for taking some time to reply to my message. We have an appointment on Friday to discuss the new treatment in more detail so we can ask more questions there.

17 years is amazing, I hope and pray my wife can get there too.

We were both knocked a bit on Friday when they called. We thought things were going well, now back in the wait and see zone.

thanks again and I hope everything goes well for you.

Mc

• Hi Lindz, not to bad thanks. Had a bit of a rough time getting used to a new chemo its taken me over 3 months to get the dose right. I am managing the treatment but i am not completly convinced its working for me as my aches and pains are worse. I will carry on though as best as i can. Hope you are keeping well xx

• Are you not on the phesgo injections anymore? Hope all goes well with your next scan. I’m doing ok thank you, just recently had my heart scan so waiting on results xx