zoledronic acid

• 21 replies
  • 27 subscribers

I'm about to start having zoledronic acid infusions next month and then every 3 months. Instead of Denosumab every month. Is anyone else having this and how are you feeling?. Is there any side effects I should look out for?.

• I found that peppermint tea, sipping over a time settled my nausea

x

• I'm taking Ribociclib, Letrozole, Adcal, Zoladex injections, as well as the other medication, not related to my cancer. I have my first ZA on 16th June.

• Cyclizine as well for nausea.

• Peppermint tea definitely helps with nausea.

• I don’t.  I was having the ZA infusion every 3 months  but getting a lot of aches by weeks 7-8 so thé consultant changed  it to 2 monthly at the beginning of t.his year.   If I said monthly somewhere I’m sorry, brain fog!!

• I’ve been on palbocyclib and anastrazole since March 2020.  Covid restrictions held up dental form to enable me to have denusomab, that was sorted late summer but then I had a lengthy rash so thé consultant switched me to a 3 monthly ZA infusion early 2021. And then to 2 monthly at the start of 2022.  Guess I’ll be on it for as long as I’m on the Palbocyclib and Anastrazole?  

• It sounds like you both have been through the mill with both your cancer and treatments ( I've just read both your stories).

I feel as though I've got off lightly. I've had no surgery and have got on well with the first treatment they put me on. The only reason they are changing my bone strengthner is because my bones are beginning to re grow a little. Although I'm living with my cancer as it can't be cured. I feel very lucky. You're both really brave.

• Hi Jayhay

Well had my 1st ZA on Thursday and all was fine.  They also gave me a new hormone injection, which will work longer than the zoladex one. I felt fine for the rest of Thurs and Friday morning, so I went to work, but by mid morning OMG I felt like I'd been hit by a bus, I muddled on, but it was hard, don't feel quite as stiff and in pain today, but very low mood. Hope you and mickyw  are doing ok?

• Hope you have recovered. and feel a difference in your bones.  I’ve had a eventful month.  Let my consultant know how I was doing before my last consultation and had a phone call from  a Macmillan nurse, who sounded a bit panicky.  I was told not to walk, to pack an overnight bag, they sent for an ambulance and I was carted off to A& E for an urgent MRI.  I was there for 8 hours, no MRI but a bladder scan and some other tests.  She thought I may have spinal compression.  Looked it up after, and she did right but it was a long uncomfortable unsafe wait in A&E.  Had an MRI, I have a new small ‘nodule’ near my spine which is growing slowly and probably cancerous.  Everything else is still stable though. A week later I was offered one blast of radiotherapy which has worked wonders, only sore down the side of my ribs now - rather than my whole torso - have straightened up and feel great.  medication and bone strengtheners delayed, but back on the targeted therapy now and I  have a ZA infusion on Tuesday.  lots of water and paracetamol for me on Monday! 

• Wow mickyw what an awful experience!! 
    glad recovered, let me know how you get on with ZA

x J