TPH - Docetaxel, Pertuzumab and trastuzumab Chemotherapy

• 3 replies
  • 28 subscribers
Hi there, I am new to this online forum, so please forgive me if I have posted in the wrong area.
My sister had a mastectomy in 2020 and has been fine every year since.  Last November her annual mammogram was clear but she had a slight cough, she had an xray, then a CT scan and bloods,  Turns out she has secondary breast cancer, the cancer has spread to both lungs and she has nodules in her clavicle. That was a very long 19 weeks ago and she has just had her first chemotherapy treatment and her second scan ( waiting a long time) and unfortunately it has also started to spread to her liver now. After her chemotherapy she is so drained. Already had to go back to the hospital with a temperature and has been given antibiotics as her blood count was raised. I feel so helpless not knowing what I can do to help. Is anyone else on this treatment and how are you coping? Any advice welcome please. 
Thank you x

• Hi  

I haven't had this treatment but noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. Responding to you will 'bump' it back to the top of the discussion list again.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi 

I had the same treatment 2 years ago, mine is bone mets not in any organs as of yet, the chemo is quite a tough one but I did tolerate it ok, it made me very tired so I just did as my body told me sleep and rest at anytime and it’s ok to do that, I just had mouth ulcers at the start of the 2nd chemo but was soon treated with a mouth wash, it really does drain you but honestly once it’s finished she will start to feel better within weeks it worked for me so fingers crossed it does for her too, any questions please don’t hesitate to message x