Triple negative breast cancer

• 4 replies
  • 270 subscribers

I had a mastectomy in September I had my results yesterday I had stage 3 45mm lump and 3 lymph nodes removed all come back clear my treatment plan is chemotherapy and radiotherapy but I don’t want chemo has anyone declined chemo with triple negative breast cancer seeing oncologist Monday 21st October any advice welcome many thanks 

• Hi Tasha2010

While it's completely up to you whether you have chemo or not I would think long and hard about it as chemo is our only line of defence against Triple Negative breast cancer.  While I won't say chemo is easy it is doable.  You will be given medications to help counteract any side effects that you way have. You could give chemo a try and if you find it too much for you you could ask them to stop giving it to you..

Wishing you the best of luck with everything whatever you decide to do.

Best wishes

Daisy53

Community Champion Badge

• Like Daisy I would advise chemo as TNBC cannot be treated in any other way. I had a double mastectomy with breast reconstruction.  No radiotherapy but chemotherapy.

All the best whatever you choose

ricki
  • Thank you I will listen to my oncologist on Monday I decide from there x

• thank you for the advice it’s very much appreciated many thanks I update you all x