The Waiting Game

• 4 replies
  • 265 subscribers

After having a lumpectomy and lymph nodes removed, a few weeks ago I was told I was clear from breast cancer and as you can imagine, I was ecstatic. However, a week ago I found a red scaly, flat lesion underneath the same boobs I had the lumpectomy. I managed to get a Doctors appointment, who took a photo and said he was sending it to the the dermatology department at the local hospital. I received a letter fours days ago from the hospital with an appointment for Monday 23rd September..

I live on my own, have always been a positive person and have remained so during my treatment, but now feel scared and a bit unsure of myself. Im grateful of course, that I’ve not had to wait to long for my appointment, but it’s the the unknown, uncertainty and waiting, which feels like an eternity when you are are your own that is getting to me somewhat.

Here’s hoping and praying, that round two is not around the corner.

• Oh sorry to hear that you have to get another thing curious.  There are so many skin lesions that look alike etc so glad you are seeing a dermatologist.  Take care and we are here for support.

Barbara 

• Hi Hopeful Barb,

Thank you for your kind thoughts and my best wishes to you too.x

• Hi Boobybabe2

Sorry to hear that you have found a lesion under your boob.  Hopefully it won't be anything serious.

Wishing you the best of luck with your appointment.

Best wishes

Daisy53

Community Champion Badge

• How stressful for you. I really hope it’s nothing to worry about it seems oddly quick for it to be anything serious?? Might it be friction or eczema ?? I’m clueless but just to say I hope all is well. Keep in touch