swelling and pain in breast during Radiotherapy

• 1 reply
  • 265 subscribers

hi I posted a few weeks ago asking for the forum's tips on prepping for RT which was really helpful. 

I've now started just finished day 2/5 today but didn't expect side effects so quickly.. since yesterday (day 1) I had pain and shooting pains in the breast and today overt swelling as well as really painful tenderness in the breast, 

I moisturised like crazy before and am doing so and had to resort to taking Burden today but even walking seems to cause pain so a little down about this - as thought actual RT was the 'easier'  part of this rollercoaster  journey ...

I'm desperate to be as normal as possible, continue my active exercise etc as I know this all helps but the pain and swelling after only 2 days does fill me with some fear...and is getting me down..if it happens so soon what does it mean for later?

so does anyone out there have similar experiences?

how long did it last? 

Any Tips for getting through it / reducing symptoms?

Any advice appreciated 

thank you 

• Hi, it sounds like you're doing the right things with the moisturiser and exercises but I would encourage you to talk to the R/T team before your next session in case they need to make any adjustments.  Best wishes 

Community Champion badge