HER2+ recurrence after chemo, radiotherapy and phesgo

• 3 replies
  • 265 subscribers

Hi

ive accepted all the treatments suggested hoping I made the right decision.  I say this because I feel although I was given plenty of advice pre treatments, nothing actually prepared me for what was to come.  I am now on the last leg Phesgo and Zemeta. I have started to experience allergic reactions in the form of tiny itchy blister type spots post Phesgo injection.  I’m now back on steroids and anti hystamine over a three day period at time of injection.  
I can’t help but wonder and worry that all of the treatment will be in vain.  
Has anyone had recurrence having had all of the treatment discussed?

Thank you

• Hi GloriaJ, I think it's really natural to worry about recurrence and I am not sure that worry ever truly goes away.  I took all the treatment I was offered and I work hard to put my fears and concerns for the future out of my mind.  I try to focus on the things I can control - how much I exercise, what I eat and drink - and I try to not worry about the things I cannot control.  I hope as time goes in this get easier for you.  Best wishes 

Community Champion badge

• Hi Irishgirl16,

Congratulation you have gone all the difficult things succesfully. I plan to start the chemo in October. May I know what treatment you got? And when was the last treatment?

• Hi, if you click on my name you'll get to my profile in which I share my chemo (TCHP) then lumpectomy and radiotherapy.   Best wishes 

Community Champion badge