Radiotherapy - what to expect

• 46 replies
  • 270 subscribers

Hi,

I have an appointment to meet a Radiologist in a couple of weeks. Could anyone tell me what happens at the first meeting?  

Thanks x

• Hello,  I totally understand how you feel and for me I just asked for the temporary markings and it was not an issue.  It probably was a bit more work for the techs to check on them but they never seemed bothered by it.  We all have different ways of thinking about things and I think if you at least share your feelings with the radiologist he may be receptive.  Take care of yourself.  

Barbara 

• Thank you Barbara. Bless you x

• You too.  Radiation treatments were not bad at all and made sure I moisturized a lot as super sensitive fair skinned with history of eczema.  Hydration important and I also think it is important to rest if you feel like it etc.  

I know you are in a little spot of bother right now but you will work it out.  Hugs to you.

Barbara 

• I've just done a bit of digging and a decent tattoo parlour will do removal and because it's so small it doesn't cost a lot and shouldn't scar.

You can also get creams to fade them but I haven't read any reviews.

Might be worth visiting a tattoo parlour and knowing all your options - it's not something I've thought of before but I might feel differently after my treatment has finished. X

• Good thinking!

imma bit worried about the one in the middle of my boobs that I guess I’ll have. I’d just marginally not have a permanent mark there……. But obviously that seems like a small problem I guess!! 
    how are you going Ange66?

• Much better than I expected thanks. Mind I'm getting tired, slept most of yesterday. 

Still working around my appointments, trying to drink more water and putting on lots of cream. 

There's some changes in my breast but the breast nurses aren't concerned. X

• Thanks Ange66 I'll wait and see then decide what to do once the marks are on x

• What cream are you using Ange66? I have heard of so many that are recommended it's hard to know what to choose.

Glad that you are ok. x 

• It's called Flamigel, I was given it on my first session at the hospital. It's very cooling and absorbs really well.

Apparently they have different creams for different reactions that they can give you. 

I'd bought some Aveeno but it's much thicker than the cream they gave me so stays on your skin a little longer.

Main think is drinking lots of water Sweat drops 

• I have had 15 sessions ,and just used Aveeno.No problems with skin at all .A friend had throat cancer 6 years ago requiring 30 RT sessions ,and was advised Aveeno by the nurses .The skin on his throat stayed in good condition even after all those intense sessions .Regarding the tattoos, they are so tiny I had to have a good look today to try and find them .One each side under the arm and one very low in cleavage ,but hardly visible as so tiny