Radiotherapy - what to expect

• 46 replies
  • 270 subscribers

Hi,

I have an appointment to meet a Radiologist in a couple of weeks. Could anyone tell me what happens at the first meeting?  

Thanks x

• Aveeno was good for me and they even suggested E45 - may be trial and error to see what moisturiser suits you or your budget Blueskythinking.  

• On the subject of skin care, I used Aveeno Dermexa, the tube with turquoise blue on it. I applied it after radiotherapy and then before going to bed. They advise you not to have any on when you are being treated. 

• Hello,  I used Avene products for skin care as I have history of atopic dermatitis and sensitive skin.  Used the Cicalfate restorative cream, Avène tolerance extremely gentle cleanser and kept the Avene thermal spring water spray in the fridge and sprayed my breasts as often as I wanted to feel cool.  
    Aveeno products are greatly good too.  
    If I remember the first meeting we discussed the plan and I signed consent and had the CT planning session scheduled.  Also got to see the linear accelerator machine that does the radiation .

I live in US but I think the first visit must be similar.  

Barbara 

• Thanks Ange66 and Caff1. I have been using Aveeno which is ok so will continue with it. Thanks for the advice about drinking water.

• Thanks Hopeful Barb. Am using Aveeno already so will probably stick with that. x

• Like aveeno too.  Take care.  

Barbara