Stage VI & GemCarbo TNBC

• 3 replies
  • 264 subscribers

Hi there 

I am hoping that someone will be able to give me some hope.  In Jan 23 I was dignosed with triple negative breast cancer.  At diagnosis, I was stage 2-3.  I went through chemo, smx, radiotherapy, only to be told,  in what should have been my all clear meeting, that I had progressed to stage iv.  There was no evidence of any cancer on my bad side, but there was an enlarged node under my arm on the opposite side (11mm to be precise).  I then had a PET scan only to be told that I had a 5mm chest node, 5mm lung node, some fluid on my lung on the original side. 

Fast forward to now, and I have had 3 cycles of GemCarbo.  Pretty much everything has gone apart from there is evidence of dying cancer in the 11mm node. 

I have since had a falling out with my oncologist over 2 things

1) He said that GemCarbo normally stops working after 12 months.  There is then the option of Troveldy which works for about the same length of time.  I never wanted a prognosis....... he's given me one.  Do I really have just 2 years to live?

2) I had a rash on my original bad side at the start of Feb 23 which time after time I was told couldn't be cancer (it was there before my chemo started)  It was finally biopsed in August 23 and then chemo was aborted and I was rushed to surgery.  Could this delay be my difference be why I am now at stage IV

If anyone is able to say anything that will make me feel a bit better, please do.  I feel like my life is over.

• Hi RoseyRed23

Sorry to hear that you gave Stage 4 triple negative breast cancer.  I've heard of people who got longer than 2 years at Stage 4.  New treatments are coming out all the time so people with stage 4 cancer are living longer.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes

Daisy53

Community Champion Badge

• Hi RoseyRed23

I have heard that you can get a second opinion from Royal Marsden for £400. I don't know if that's of any help to you. 

It sounds like an awful situation you are in. I also have TNBC and am coming to terms with the possibility of metastases. I'm early in treatment though so different from you.

I hope you have some support nearby? Someone you trust that you can talk to? 

Much love and hope

X

• Hi, you might want to have a chat with the experts here at Macmillan who might be able to provide you with some further advice and support. You can call them on 0800 808 0000. Best wishes

Community Champion badge