Triple negative breast cancer

• 2 replies
  • 267 subscribers

Hi ,
Has anyone been diagnosed with triple negative intraductal breast cancer grade 2 , I got diagnosed 2 weeks ago , I am 47 years old with 2 kids , really worried as I know it’s a rare from and has a high recurrence rate , I have been advised neo adjuvant chemo plus immunotherapy , , I have been told the immunotherapy side effects are even worst than chemo , I was looking forward if anyone has gone through the same and has something to share !

• Is your immunotherapy Pembrolizumab? I have experience of that. I have metastatic TNBC.

Immunotherapy is quite different from chemotherapy. With chemotherapy you get a fairly predictable set of side effects with each treatment, so each cycle is the same. Immunotherapy will be barely noticed, unless it leads to an adverse event, where your immune system does some collateral damage to other organs. Such things can be minor or much more significant and can’t easily be predicted other than they don’t usually happen right at the beginning. 

Wishing you all the best. 

• Thanks Coddfish for the reply . 
    yes I have been told it’s pembrolizumab 

keeping my fingers crossed all goes well 

take care and good luck with your treatment . 

Hi ,
    Has anyone been diagnosed with triple negative intraductal breast cancer grade 2 , I got diagnosed 2 weeks ago , I am 47 years old with 2 kids , really worried as I know it’s a rare from and has a high recurrence rate , I have been advised neo adjuvant chemo plus immunotherapy , , I have been told the immunotherapy side effects are even worst than chemo , I was looking forward if anyone has gone through the same and has something to share !