Acne caused by Phesgo, has anyone got any tips please?

• 2 replies
  • 252 subscribers

Hi, I've recently finished my 6 rounds of chemotherapy and will be continuing with monthly phesgo injections for 12 months after my mastectomy then tamoxifen after that. I've been having phesgo alongside my chemo since January.

The phesgo hormone has given awful acne on face and neck that seems to get worse with each round.  I'm weirdly finding this more difficult to cope with than losing my hair. I'm 42 and wasn't even this spotty as a teen. 

I have tried alsorts of spot treatments which don't seem to do anything. My skin is inflamed and sore.   The Body Shop tea tree range helped a little bit but it doesn't seem to be working anymore. 

Has anyone tried anything that's worked?  Thank you in advance  

• Hi Dolly DD

I am having the same problem ! I thought I had seen the last of acne when I left my teenage years behind . I spoke to my care team who prescribed anti histamines and a mild steroid cream for when it gets really bad . So far the anti histamines are reducing the flare ups ( I haven't needed to use the cream yet ) I also find that Aveeno Oat cooling face cream is so soothing . I hope  you find some relief. Take care x

•   thank you so much for getting back to me.  I'll mention this when I'm having my next phesgo injection next week.   I said exactly the same thing, I never had skin this bad even as a teenager!  I hope that you're treatment is going well.  Take care  xx