Waiting for mastectomy

• 1 reply
  • 250 subscribers

Hi Folks

So had my result appointment today following 2 biopsy 3 weeks ago.  Turns out I have dcis but also a small area of invasive cancer but will need a full mastectomy.  They can't offer any reconstruction as my bmi is too high and I smoke.  I am a G cup so really worried I am going to look like a freak and that my boyfriend is going to go off me.  I know I should be glad that I'm not going to die and it's been caught early but I'm scared.

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I'm sorry to read that you can't have reconstruction yet and I can understand why you're worried about that. I had a lumpectomy, so no reconstruction needed, but I noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. Responding to you will 'bump' your post back to the top of the discussion list again. I'm sure people who've had a mastectomy with no reconstruction will be along shortly to share their experiences with you.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"