Sore Nipples!

• 7 replies
  • 252 subscribers

Really painful … not involved with small lump removal in lumpectomy. Codeine not getting rid of pain. Anyone had any luck with anything else? 

• Hi Bluebell50 welcome to the forum Have you had Radiotherapy treatment to the breast, as this can sometimes cause pain? I would be tempted to make contact with your breast care nurse about this and ask them if they have any idea what this could be and what best would make it less painful for you.  Sorry  not to have been of more help at this point.. 

gail

Community Champion Badge

• Thank you! I saw Oncologist who prescribed Gabpentin for nerve pain. Radiotherapy the next step. 

• I’ve also been prescribed gabapentin. It’s helped. But my areola is still very swollen and inflamed.

• I’m having the same problem with the areola and nipple: nothing gets rid of the inflammation. Gabapentin and ibuprofen help a little. I feel like the pain will never go away. My radiation was done Radioactiven January. And it’s still painful. I had 33 rounds of radiation Radioactive️.

• Hi Cinamingrl

so sorry to you are having a similar issue. After repeated visits to clinic and phone calls as redness and pain increased, they took a blood test and i had an infection. On antiobiotics now and starting to clear. It feels like mastitis. Insist that they take a blood test … i have been saying i thought it was an infection for 3 weeks! 

• Also Gabapentin of course had little or no effect as not nerve pain. 

• Oh no! Well my primary doctor prescribed an antibiotic. But the radiologist says there’s no infection. Maybe I should take the antibiotics. I have an appointment today also.