Waiting for results

• 4 replies
  • 246 subscribers

Hi I don’t know how administration works for mammogram results but I think they should be categorised so we don’t have to agonise about results (even though we still will anyway) I had breast cancer 2 years ago and have not received mammogram results for more than 2 weeks so I think, if possible, recalls should be first, those who have had breast cancer second and normal third. Just an idea but it would speed up the process for the likes of me and so many others 

• Hi, I don't know how the hospitals prioritise the results, but I know the uncertainty, irrespective of the result, for me was very difficult. I guess we are very lucky in the UK to have the NHS, and I am sure we all would ideally want our results more quickly so I hope they can find ways to speed up the process for everyone. Best wishes 

Community Champion badge

• Thank you for your reply. It was just a suggestion that someone might listen to. Having had cancer we are far more likely to be worried about results so just thought we could be considered more priority but not against recalls who definitely should be first

• You’re right about NHS I know they take a lot of stick but my treatment was wonderful. It’s just waiting for results - our postman thinks I fancy him because I’m there waiting every day - best wishes to all

• I hope you get your results soon, the waiting is so hard 

Community Champion badge