Radiotherapy

• 3 replies
  • 252 subscribers

Hi, I have had a lumpectomy then lymph node removal, 6 rounds of chemo and jaut had my second radiotherapy today. My problem is my operation arm when on the radiotherapy position. The pain is immense I cried today as didn’t think I was going to be able to hold it for the 10 mins. Where my PICC line was on other arm is hurting tonight as well. I’m worried how I’m going to manage the next 3 weeks holding my arms in the position needed and feel ridiculous that I can’t do it. 

• So sorry to hear this is painful.  Can you take pain medicine prior to your treatment as this should help?  Shouldn’t have to suffer through it.  Take. Care and don’t feel ridiculous that you can not hold the position.  Hugs to you.

Barbara 

• Thank you, I took paracetamol 20mins before todays and definitely not as bad as yesterday. 

• In addition to pain killers try learning a simple song or poem to recite in your head.  I sing a counting nursery rhyme for test but when I had wire inserted before surgery judging by looks from staff I'd been singing out loud !