If only tongue amputation was an option ….

• 3 replies
  • 254 subscribers

Hi

I’ve just had no 2 of 4 EC and the metallic/ sour taste is driving me insane! I’m finding it really hard to deal with. Finding it really intrusive when I’m trying to rest or sleep! I know there’s not much that can help but I’m just wondering if this is something that continues when I start on pacletaxil - living in hope x

• Hi  

I didn't have a metallic/sour taste but did lose my sense of taste when I had EC but no problem while having paclitaxel.

I found that if I ate really spicy food it tasted as it should and pineapple always tasted of pineapple, so I ate that instead of other fruit and also drank pineapple juice.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi there, it's really quite debilitating, isn't it?  Taste was one of the really annoying side effects.  I was able to tolerate cucumber and pineapple and about 10:days after each chemo it got better. Best wishes 

Community Champion badge

• My BCN suggested nipping a bit of a fizzy Vit C tablet and sucking that as it apparently’resets’ taste buds. It may be a complete placebo effect but I convinced myself it helped food taste more palatable.